Palazzo Gamboni is a stately home inserted into the old part of the village of Comologno. The mansion was built, around 1730, by a certain Remigio Gambonino, a native of Spruga, a hamlet of Comologno, who owned businesses in France, where he had emigrated like many other Onsernonese and where he had the plans for the house where he intended to return to end his existence. Remigio Gambonino was related to members of the Remonda family who had also become wealthy in France and had the other important palaces in Comologno built, palaces whose imposing forms, especially in the eighteenth century, created a striking contrast to the modest local rural buildings. At the beginning of the 20th century, the then owner, Pietro Giacomo Gamboni, who like many of his fellow villagers also emigrated to Geneva, set up interesting plans for transforming the palace, which, however, he later failed to carry out: among them, the construction of a tower similar to that of the Castle of the Boat. The present-day importance of the palace lies not only in its history, which is similar to that of several other Ticino bourgeois residences, but also and especially in the fact that a conspicuous part of the original furniture, furnishings and fittings, supplemented with other nineteenth- and early twentieth-century ones, is preserved there.
Some residents of Comologno, commissioned by the municipality in 2001, carefully restored the patrician house, transforming the old wing of the Gamboni Palace into a hotel that gives the idea of a museum with accommodation options.